Let the hunt begin! Each year from mid-October to Memorial Day, discover glass treasures in Lincoln City. Our army of Float Fairies covertly hit our seven miles of public beach hiding handcrafted glass floats along their way, from Roads End on the north to Siletz Bay on the south.
While we put out over 3,000 floats each year, official floats, which are numbered, are placed reflected by the year – so 2,016 numbered floats were placed in 2016, 2,017 in 2017, etc…. You find it, you keep it!
How to Find Glass Floats: The basic rules of the hunt
- Floats can be found above the high tide line and below the beach embankment
- Floats are placed on the beach during daylight hours only.
- Floats are hidden throughout the day, not just at one time.
- Floats are out there every day rain or shine. On rare occasions weather and ocean conditions can create unsafe situations, official notice of any cancellations will be made on our social media channels and website.
Don’t forget to share a photo on our Facebook, Instagram (LincolnCityOR) or Twitter (@LincolnCityOR) pages and use #FindersKeepersLC.
A few tips and words of advice
- We use the term “hide” loosely, we want our treasures to be found!
- Start your hunt at public beach access points.
- During special drops we place other kinds of glass art, look for sand dollars, sea stars, shells, crars and coins too
- Our Float Fairies hide floats at random times and locations…not even we know.
- If you find an official numbered float, the registration number is located on or near the “button” on the underside.
- Unnumbered floats and glass art pieces cannot be registered.
2016-2017 Special Drop Dates
- September 15-18, 2016 – 50 red, white, and blue floats for Celebration of Honor.
- October 22-23, 2016 – Opening Weekend of Finders Keepers: 100 extra floats, and a jumbo float with a weekend getaway package.
- November 11-13, 2016 – Veterans Day special drop of 50 red, white, and blue floats
- November 24-27, 2016 – Thanksgiving special drop of 100 glass art pieces
- December 31, 2016 – Jan 2, 2017 – New Years special drop of 100 glass art pieces
- January 15-16, 2017 – M.L.K. special drop of 100 glass art pieces
- February 11-20, 2017 – Antique Week special drop of 300 Japanese antique floats
- February 11-12, 2017 – Valentine’s Day drop of 14 heart-shaped paperweights
- March 25 – April 2, 2017 – Spring Break drop of 300 glass art pieces
- April 22-23, 2017 – Earth Day drop of 15 earth floats
- May 13-14, 2017 – Mother’s Day drop of 100 glass art pieces
- May 27-29, 2017 – Closing weekend of Finders Keepers: 100 extra glass floats and a jumbo float with a weekend getaway