Details : FINDERS KEEPERS RETURNS OCTOBER 13, 2018Let the hunt begin! Each year from mid-October to Memorial Day, discover glass treasures in Lincoln City. Our army of Float Fairies covertly hit our seven miles of public beach hiding handcrafted glass floats along their way, from Roads End on the north to Siletz Bay on the south.
While we put out over 3,000 floats each year, collectible floats, which are numbered, are placed reflected by the year – so 2,016 numbered floats were placed in 2016, 2,017 in 2017, etc…. You find it, you keep it!
2018 – 2019 Special Drop Dates
- October 13-14, 2018 – Opening Weekend of Finders Keepers: 100 extra floats
- November 22-25, 2018 – Thanksgiving: 50 extra floats
- December 29, 2018-January 1, 2019 – New Year’s: 50 extra floats
- February 9-18, 2019 – Antique Week: 300 antique Japanese floats
- February 16-17, 2019 – Valentine’s Day: 50 red, pink & white floats
- March 23-April 7, 2019 – Spring Break: 300 extra floats
- April 21-22, 2019 – Earth Day: 50 Earth floats
- May 11-12, 2019 – Mother’s Day: 50 extra floats
- May 25-27, 2019 – Memorial Day: 50 red, white & blue floats
THE BASIC RULES OF THE HUNT
- Floats can be found above the high tide line and below the beach embankment
- Floats are placed on the beach during daylight hours only.
- Floats are hidden throughout the day, not just at one time.
- Floats are out there every day rain or shine. On rare occasions weather and ocean conditions can create unsafe situations, official notice of any cancellations will be made on our social media channels and website.
For more information visit the website